General Information / Class Guidelines
All members must complete the registration forms indicating their name, address etc. and any medical conditions. For anyone with on going or serious medical conditions, a letter from a physician will be required prior to starting classes.
- New students may train 3 classes as a trial. After which all fees must be paid
- Fees must be paid in full at the beginning of the term or month, whichever apply
- Memberships are not transferable.
- There will be no refunds for any reason.
- Additional fees include belt tests, equipment, tournaments, and specialized seminars etc are NOT included in the registration fees.
Required Sparring Equipment
Helmet, mouth piece & shin / instep guards, forearm guards, chest protector, gloves and groin guard (males and females)
All protective equipment must be acquiured at the rank of yellow belt and is required to take part in the sparring component of class. Equipment must fit properly and be in good condition. All equipment must be competitive / vinyl style.
- There will be no classes on Holidays (see events page)
- There is a 2-3 week break over Christmas.
- If schools close due to bad weather, all classes will be cancelled as well
- For any other cancellations or schedule changes, notices will be posted in the Dojang and announcements made in class in advance.
- The Dojang usually closes on Tournament Days or training seminars
When you come to class
- All coats, outdoor footwear etc. must be placed in the change rooms.
- Students are advised to keep valuables at home
- Bring all equipment in the Dojang including your water bottle.
While in class
- Notify of any injury or medical conditions prior to class.
- Everyone must salute when entering and leaving the Dojang. All colour belts must salute the instructor and other black belts and address them in the proper manner
- If late for class, do 20 push-ups, children 10, then take position in the back of class. Anyone more than 10 minutes late will not be permitted to take part in class.
- All students are to wear a clean v-neck uniform and belt to signify rank. Finger and toenails must be trimmed short and students must keep good hygiene.
- All jewelry, except Medical Alert items, must be removed.
- Food is prohibited in the Dojang, including chewing gum
- There is to be no loud or excessive talking.
- Students must pay attention at all times at all times.
- If you have a question, raise your hand, salute, ask your question and when the instructor has responded, salute again.
- Inappropriate language, trash talk, booing etc is not permitted.
- There is to be no sparring unless the instructor gives permission and ALL the necessary protection is worn. Always bring your equipment to class
- While waiting for class to begin, students may: 1) sit quietly 2) lightly warm-up 3) practice poomsae
- Students have access to the Dojang, change rooms and washrooms only. Damage to the facility will be the responsibility of the student or their parents to repair or replace.
- While Taekwondo is a contact sport, excessive force and blatant attempts to injure will not be tolerated.
- Taekwondo is not to be used to beat up others, showing off to your friends or as a means to prove yourself. Anyone demonstrating such behaviour may be subject to suspension or expulsion with no refund on membership fees.
- All students must strive to be positive role models. Juniors must respect their parents, keep their rooms clean and do well in school. All this will be considered for you to advance to higher rank.
- EVERYONE IS TO BE TREATED WITH RESPECT!
When viewing class, spectators must:
- Remove all outdoor footwear
- Remain quiet
- Refrain from coaching or instructing
- Anyone creating a distraction will be asked to wait outside